Sunday, August 25, 2013

USB Designs: Medieval Style

My current school project was to come up with interesting and refreshing USB designs for three categories  The first is called The troll, something obnoxious, edgy and full of attitude, The second is An object of desire, beautiful and elegant and the last is The everyday USB, reliable, sleek and for all intents and purposes ordinary. Ideally these designs should fall under a single theme for example Star wars  thus all the designs would explore a particular aspect of this theme.

For my theme I used my fixation or enthusiasm (whichever way you see things) for Medieval culture. Each USB explores some of the main or most common "archetypes" of the Medieval Age. The knight, The princess and the Dragon.

Its interesting to note that many USB designs have become either very modern or very corny, of course this is a personal opinion, but its very difficult to find references...

Here are the images I have chosen to use as reference for my designs:




Another interesting little "tidd-bit" is that each of the references have armour on them, the discovery of which was completely by accident. Lets hope this scores necessary points in my favour. My first round of models look good... perhaps not good enough to post as of yet lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment